Unexpected “Change Oil Immediately” Warning

Chrysler Pacifica Forum

Help Support Chrysler Pacifica Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OliviaSD88

I’m reaching out because I just received a “change oil immediately” warning on my Chrysler Pacifica after the new year, and I’m a bit perplexed by it.

I had my oil changed the week after Thanksgiving, and since then, I’ve only driven about 1,000 miles. When I checked the oil life indicator after returning from visiting family last week, it showed that I had used 19% of my oil life. It seems really strange to me that I would need an oil change so soon, especially since I thought the timing was just fine.

Could this be a glitch related to the new year? Has anyone else encountered a similar warning after the holidays? I’m hoping to hear from others who might have experienced this, or if there’s a way to reset the oil life monitor without having to go back to the dealership just yet. 😔

I had to deal with something similar after a software update last year, which caused my oil life monitor to act up. It seems there could be a glitch tied to the update that affects how the oil life is calculated. SOME users have mentioned issues related to GPS clock sync, which might explain the odd timing of the warning. Try resetting the oil life monitor yourself to see if that clears the warning. Let me know if you know how to do this.

Back